Home and Hygge

 
Photo by Headway on Unsplash

What is Hygge?


I love nothing more than starting a new blog. There is just something delightful in creating a new place to share ideas. As I was relaxing in a rare! house-to-myself Sunday, I reflected on the beauty of hygge. What is hygge? According to the google definition, Hygge is 


"hyg·ge

/ˈh(y)o͞oɡə,ˈho͝oɡə/
noun
  1. a quality of coziness and comfortable conviviality that engenders a feeling of contentment or well-being (regarded as a defining characteristic of Danish culture).
    "why not follow the Danish example and bring more hygge into your daily life?""


I have other blogs for other reasons, but a blog celebrating cozy contentment? I need that in my life. 

If I have learned anything in this world, it is, if you find something you need, you look for it, buy it, or create it. So here we are!

What am I going to do here?


This blog is where I intend to share those special, quiet moments. The crackling fireplace, the softest sweater, the sun ray through my window. These precious little moments are not just the icing on the cake. They are the main source of nutrients which pull us through a sometimes chaotic and challenging world. 

Comments